New House Farm, Clun, Craven Arms, Shropshire, SY7 8NJ
Over the hills and faraway.
We are located in the South West corner of Shropshire (near the Welsh border). Here are hidden valleys, woods and rolling hills, farms and small settlements. This is also an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) known as the Blue Remembered Hills.
This 18th century traditional stone farmhouse was called New House in 1775 – so not so very new – and is between the small market towns of Clun and Bishop’s Castle. Offa’s Dyke, one of the very well-known trails can be walked literally from the doorstep.
Offa’s Dyke – ancient boundary between England and Wales.
Shropshire Way – a meandering trail within Shropshire and based on Wild Edric’s Way.
Kerry Ridgeway – 800 year old Drovers road, leading directly towards the Midlands.
A short distance away is our own Iron Age Hill Fort called Caer-din ring with extensive views of the countryside beyond. Hill forts are a feature of this area.
The farm is approached by a short drive with a parking area in front of the house. The fold is surrounded by traditional buildings and although part of the farm is let out to other farmers we do have our own small flock of sheep.
Cyclists and walkers welcome